This is a quick and easy raw vegan gluten free dessert that always wows a crowd.
For the crust you can use nuts of your choice but walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts all work well. Pulse them with dates and raw cacao in a food processor until it comes together in a ball. Press the ball of dough into a tart pan and then slice a thin layer of bananas on top of the crust.
For the filling use pitted deglet noor dates (that have been soaked in hot water for 15 minutes) or use use pitted medjool dates (no need to soak), raw cacao and a few dollops of almond butter (optional) and blend it in the food processor until it forms a paste. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the bananas and decorate with berries. Leave the tart in the refrigerator until half an hour before it is time to eat.
There are so many variations on this dessert but this combination is a family favorite.
2 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazel nuts – your choice)
1 cup deglet noor dates, pitted
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 cups medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons raw almond butter
2 ripe bananas
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Add the deglet noor dates, nuts and cacao powder to a food processor and pulse together until the mixture forms a ball.
2. Press the crust mixture evenly into a fluted tart pan.
3. Slice the bananas and spread a layer of slices on the crust.
1. Place all the filling mixture in the food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Spread the mixture on top of the bananas and smooth it out.
3. Top the tart with the fresh berries and chill in the refrigerator until about half an hour before you want to serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Speedy Vegan.