Are you heading out of town this Thanksgiving to visit family or friends?
The holidays can be a stressful time and traveling (especially while trying to find vegan food options) can make it feel even more hectic. We are here to help!
Here are 7 top tips for staying vegan while traveling this holiday season:
1. Research Local Grocery Stores and Vegan-Friendly Restaurants Ahead of Time on the Website “Happy Cow”! Remember, to Call Restaurants Ahead of Time to Check if They are Open for Seating or Just for Takeaway.
2. Pack Lots of Easy Non-Perishable Snacks (Granola Bars, Nuts, Seeds, Popcorn, Dried Fruit etc.) Pack Perishable Items like Almond Milk and Vegan Cheeze in a Cooler.
3. Have Fun Exploring Local Plant-Based Cuisine and Order Side Dishes, if Necessary. Simply Tell Your Server That You Are Vegan and Don’t Eat Meat, Dairy, Eggs and Seafood. You Can Also Ask for Your Dish to be Made Oil-Free.
4. Book a Room with a Fridge and Stove so That You Can Cook Yourself. Or, Book an Airbnb with a Kitchen! Or Stay with Friends and Family and Use Their Kitchen.
5. Don’t Expect Airports to Have Vegan Food Options. Instead, Bring Your Own Meals to Airports Such As Big Salads Filled with Beans, Grains, Greens, Fruits and for a Dressing bring an Avocado and a Lime to Mash Up Later (Remember: You can’t bring liquids like dressings through security!)
6. Visit Local Produce Markets or Farm Stands Wherever You are Staying and Stock Up on Local Produce.
7. Pack Your Own Cutlery and Bowl to Have Meals on the Road.
And there is indeed more this Holiday Season to be prepared! Check out our Green Friday Specials! You can save up to 25% on our most popular series.
You can get the perfect holiday gift in three easy steps! 1. Select. 2. Purchase. 3. Download! All from the comfort of your home!
It’s great for you and those on your holiday gift. list!