Holidays can be hectic! The key to success is simple: preparation.
Here are 9 easy ways to save time and stay organized with your meal prep to ensure a fun, fabulous and delicious Thanksgiving feast.
1. Keep your fridge clean and organized! The more beautiful your fridge looks, the easier it is to find produce when you are in a time crunch and the more likely you are to choose healthy foods to eat.
2. Plan your Thanksgiving menu ahead of time. Then make space in your fridge and pantry before going grocery shopping.
3. Go to the store a few days in advance so that you have ample time to find adequate substitutions in case the stores are out of certain ingredients.
4. Invest in an Instant Pot or slow cooker of your choice to easily make soups, stews, rice and beans. Prepare grains, beans and sweet potatoes ahead of time and store them in containers in the fridge or freezer. Easily add the ingredients you need while you are cooking your Thanksgiving dinner.
5. Don’t be afraid of frozen food! Keep a wide variety of frozen fruits and veggies on hand to quickly make recipes such as Cranberry Pineapple Relish, Mushroom Gravy or Morning Glory Pumpkin Muffins. Freeze individual bags of fruit & veggies so that you can easily blend it up with water or nut milk when you’re ready to enjoy it in soups or recipes.
6. Wash and chop up lots of fresh vegetables and fruits and keep them in containers in the fridge to easily add to recipes or make into a Veggie Turkey or Fruit Turkey. Note: Use separate containers to store berries or fruits that are easily bruised.
7. Always prepare multiple servings of your Thanksgiving meal to save as leftovers for the next day or to freeze and heat up when you want!
8. Make a big batch of dips such as Spinach Artichoke Dip or I Swear It’s Not Crab Dip ahead of time to freeze and then reheat before guests arrive.
9. Keep your sauce on the side of salads so that it doesn’t make your veggies soggy before serving.
And there is indeed more this Holiday Season to be prepared! Check out our Green Friday Specials! You can save up to 25% on our most popular series.
You can get the perfect holiday gift in three easy steps! 1. Select. 2. Purchase. 3. Download! All from the comfort of your home!
It’s great for you and those on your holiday gift. list!