Many of us think that meal prep can be a real hassle but we’ve got some good news!
Get organized and staying on-plan actually makes meal prep fun, yes fun!
So, here are our top tips for how to make meal prep as easy as possible. The more organized you are, the more fun meal prep becomes.
Remember: Failing to plan is planning to fail. We are here to help you succeed.
- Keep your fridge clean and organized. The more beautiful your fridge looks, the easier it is to find produce and use it in time. Plus, the more likely you’ll choose to eat healthier foods rather than run to the pantry for a less healthy snack.
- Prepare grains, beans and sweet potatoes ahead of time and store them in containers in the fridge or freezer to easily add to lunch boxes or dinner bowls.
- Don’t be afraid of frozen food. Keep a wide variety of frozen fruits and veggies on hand to quickly make smoothies or a stir fry. Freeze individual bags of smoothie ingredients, so that you can easily blend it up with water or nut milk when you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Wash and chop up lots of fresh vegetables and fruits and keep them in containers in the fridge to easily add to salads or lunch boxes. Note: Use separate containers for berries or fruits that are easily bruised.
- Invest in an Instant Pot or slow cooker of your choice to easily make soups, stews and curries.
- Always prepare multiple servings of a meal to save as leftovers for the next day or to freeze and heat up when you want!
- Keep your sauce on the side so that it doesn’t make your greens or veggies soggy.
So, let’s get prepped and cooking!