Organic Garage Ltd. (TSXV:OG) continued to grow in 2018 with the addition of a new store in Toronto’s Liberty Village neighborhood and the expansion of its private label, “Kitchen Originals.”
The Company remains focused on its goal of opening one to two new stores per year as it aims to position itself as one of Canada’s largest natural food grocers and establish the Organic Garage brand through its stated mission of making healthy food affordable and accessible.
Key milestones in 2018 included the following:
- Fourth location opened in Toronto’s Liberty Village neighborhood, home of North America’s largest residents’ association.
- Letter of Intent signed for the Company’s newest location in central Toronto
- “Handpicked Partner Program” was implemented and initiated at the Liberty Village location, allowing select vendors to sell unique, ready-made foods to Organic Garage customers through small-footprint, on site kiosks.
- Memorandum of Understanding, signed with INABUGGY, launching online sales with the third-party grocery delivery service platform.
- “Kitchen Originals” private label increased its number of items by almost 40 percent. The Company will continue to expand the line, providing customers with healthy, value-priced products where demand dictates.
- Partnership with Hop Compost formed to create a closed-loop system for diverting individual store food waste and turning it into organic compost, to be sold in-store.
- Junction location hosted “The Sustainable Block Party and Pop-Up Market”, a community-focused initiative to raise awareness about vegan foods.
- The Company has announced that its fifth store will be situated at the base of a newly constructed condo building in Toronto’s Bayside neighbourhood, a new community starting to take shape beside Toronto Harbour. The site is part of a large, thirteen-acre development along the water’s edge that will feature residential, office, retail and cultural space.
- The Company’s sixth location in Toronto’s Leaside area is scheduled to begin construction during the fourth quarter of this year with an expected opening date sometime in the second quarter of next year.
Organic Garage (TSXV: OG) is one of Canada’s leading independent organic grocers and is committed to offering its customers a wide selection of healthy and natural products at everyday affordable prices.