It is natural to feel overwhelmed by the COVID-19 pandemic – especially with all of our lives impacted and a seemingly endless stream of health and safety advice.
And, that’s why we’re here to help!
To save you stress, we have compiled the best tips to help you and your loved ones maintain your physical, mental and emotional health during the crisis.
1. Stay home. Limit your grocery shopping trips to once every two weeks if possible. Invest in an extra freezer or fridge if you can and if you have the space and funds.
2. In public, use a mask and keep a safe distance from others–six feet is recommended. We suggest even more. Remember that some people without symptoms are still, unknowingly, spreading the virus.
3. Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Try humming to the tune of “Happy birthday” twice to make sure you are washing them properly.
4. Cover your cough with a tissue or paper towel so as not to spread germs or cough into your elbow.
5. Feeling sick? Call your doctor ahead of time to tell them your symptoms and see if you need to go and get a COVID-19 test.
6. Stop touching your beautiful face! Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands aren’t clean. Make sure to regularly clean and disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
7. Feeling lonely and isolated at home? Remember to stay connected to your loved ones and set up a video call on the free video conferencing apps Zoom or Skype. Don’t be afraid to share your feelings or ask for help.
8. Feeling anxious? Take 10 deep belly breaths and try listening to calming 432hz meditation music on YouTube to relax.
9. Feeling hungry? Focus on eating fresh foods like fruits and vegetables. Try making a delicious comforting vegan recipe like Roasted Carrot and Cumin Soup with Shiitake Bacon with a family member or friend on Zoom. It’s a perfect recipe for Easter or any holiday celebration.
10. Go outside or open a window daily for fresh air and move your body every day by walking, running or practicing yoga. Here’s one of our favorite beginner yoga videos from Yoga with Adriene.
11. Feeling bored? Play some music and have a dance party alone or on Zoom with friends. Try listening to this song without dancing!
12. Plan to go to sleep by 10PM and make sure you are getting enough sleep–at least 8 hours each night is recommended.
Stay informed with updates from the CDC.