Have you ever made homemade almond milk before?
It’s actually very easy and much healthier than the store bought almond milk that can be full of preservatives. Plus, it’s amazing to see the almonds double in size once they have been soaked in the water for 8-12 hours.
Watch the recipe video here on our Vegan News Daily YouTube Channel:
Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. They can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
This almond milk is perfect over-top a bowl of fruit and granola or in your chai tea! It is also so fun to make and your children or grandchildren will love to help!
Vegan News Daily’s Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
-1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water for 8-12 hours
-4 cups filtered water
-1-2 Medjool dates, pitted (optional)
-1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Drain the water out of the almonds. Place the almonds in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix.
2. Pour the water into the blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes until the almond milk is creamy.
3. Put the nut milk bag inside of a large measuring jug. Pour the mixture into the nut milk bag.
4. Hand the strings of the nut milk bag from the knobs of a cabinet. Make sure the jug is underneath the nut milk bag.
Gently squeeze the almond milk out of the nut milk bag into the jug.
5. Once you are done, pour the almond milk into a glass bottle. Enjoy with fruit, tea, cereal or your favorite recipe. Store it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
6. Save the remaining almond meal in a container in the refrigerator to use in recipes like homemade waffles and oatmeal (coming soon to our YouTube channel!)
Enjoy your homemade almond milk!
Want more delicious + nutritious vegan recipes? Join us for our NEW Vegan Cooking Series in September: Fall in Love with Flavor!
Our series has three action-packed classes.
–Fantastic French, September 22nd
–Inspiring Indian, September 29th
–Tasty Thai, October 6th
Every class is 1-hour long and has a fun theme. Included is your very own cookbook, shopping list, private Facebook group and access to a complete video replay of each class in your very own private playlist.
Make your reservation today! VeganNewsDaily.com/LOVE
We can’t wait to host you!